Food photography offers lots of opportunities for both Studio and Location photography. Combined with some of the job placements there is an opportunity to get some shots a visited studios. Locations considered are both at restaurants and also at food suppliers at the local markets.
Documentary photography of bands, especially Blues Bands, is what I enjoy photographing the most. There are a surprising number of local bands who play in local venues however the number of appearances they make is rather limited, once or twice a month. This makes it difficult to choose a single band to follow. As with the bands the venues are quite varied as is the background and lighting and many times lack of lighting, which I find a fun part of the challenge of photographing live music.
23 August 2012
Met with Brian, Amie and Ellory to discuss plans for major folio.
For Studio portion of folio I will be doing food photography. It will be based on items from the cookbook 4 Ingredients: Over 340 Quick, Easy & Delicious Recipes using 4 or less Ingredients by Kim McCosker & Rachael Bermingham, 2008, ISBN 9780646470801. Images to include preparation shots and final plated dishes.
For Location I will be doing documentary photography of local Blues Musicians performing in local venues. The challenge here will be making good photographs in venues that have poor lighting and backgrounds and maintaining the ambience of the gig using available light. The reason for choosing this as my location project is I regularly photograph these types of events and want to concentrate on them and improve my portfolio.


No comments:
Post a Comment